1. BODY OIL: Add lemongrass essential oil to a carrier oil like almond, avocado or coconut. Lemongrass’ anti-viral activity is even stronger than tea tree oil.
2. HOT TEA: Incorporate a number of anti-viral herbal teas into the mix. We love echinacea, calendula and licorice root.
3. NATURAL SYRUP: You’ve probably already heard of the anti-viral wonders of elderberry. The dark purple berry comes from the European elder tree and its syrup is potent and useful to ward off infections, severe colds and the flu.
4. ADD GARLIC: Garlic is known for it’s incredibly anti-viral properties, so consider adding it to EVERYTHING. Fresh garlic is best.
5. TAKE OIL OF OREGANO: Oregano oil is known for its antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. It contains several potentially healing compounds, such as carvacrol, thymol, and terpinine. Studies show that it works well for respiratory issues and a sore throat. Consider adding in one capsule a day for two weeks.Photo: @mountainroseherbs