1. CHECK TO SEE IF YOU NEED A TRIM: You don’t want to get your hair braided or twisted without first determining if you need a trim. You split ends will only continue to split in your style for 2 - 3 months. Make sure to schedule an appointment (days in advance) to get your ends trimmed.
2. CLEANSE YOUR SCALP: Make sure to remove the debris from your scalp by using a clarifying shampoo that removes all prior product build-up, followed up by a nourishing shampoo like your Jane Carter Moisture Nourishing Shampoo.
3. USE A RESTORATIVE MASK/CONDITIONER: Replenish nutrients and infuse hydration with your Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner. Your hair won’t enjoy the luxury of a deep treatment for a while, so leave on your treatment for at least 45 minutes - 1 hour.
4. KEEP THE SCALP OILS LIGHT: Instead of dousing your scalp with oil, use just a bit to lightly coat the scalp. You don’t want to contribute to early build up.
5. USE A STRENGTHENING SERUM ON YOUR HAIR: Apply a little Jane Carter Nourish & Shine to your ends before blowing out to strengthen.Photo: @thebeautyof_lsd