What are the secrets of girls with flawless skin? Read on.
1. REMOVE MAKEUP WITH OIL: You’ve likely heard the recent hype on oil cleansing, but many women have been doing it for years. Doing a pre-oil wash is a fantastic way to remove makeup without interrupting your skin’s moisture levels. For dry types, avocado or olive oil works like a charm. For normal to oily, grape seed oil is your best bet. The oil quickly dissolves your makeup, allowing you to wipe it off gently and follow up with a cleanser, mask or exfoliation. Not into oil cleansing? Try Ponds Fragrance-Free Cold Cream, which works well for those with oil sensitivities.
2. USE A BUTTER-BASED EYE CREAM: There are many eye creams on the market, but a butter based eye cream will keep tired, sensitive eyes in good shape. Some women simply use cocoa butter or unrefined shea.
3. MASK ONCE A WEEK: You should have a regimen that includes a steam (can be done with an at-home facial steamer or simply by pressing a hot towel onto your face for 7 - 10 seconds), exfoliation (can be done with brown sugar and water or baking soda if you’re having some acne issues), followed by a mask. For best results use a clay mask like bentonite or Rhassoul (red moroccan clay) for sensitive types.
4. GO AT LEAST TWO DAYS MAKEUP-FREE OR MINIMAL MAKEUP: We put A LOT of stress on our faces everyday. If you’re an everyday makeup-wearer, take at least two days out of the week to wear no makeup or minimal amounts. Let your skin breathe.
5. TAKE A B-COMPLEX: B vitamins keep your skin, hair and nails in a healthy state. We recommend getting your daily dose of biotin, b12, b6 and niacin from a supplement derived from actual food. Mega Food Balanced B Complex is staff-approved.Photo: @aamitolagum