Here’s how you can quickly fix five annoying hair issues if you’re a newbie and you have NO idea what you’re doing.
1. FLAT HEAD: When you wake up in the morning, your hair’s usually quite flat. To quickly revive, spritz ends lightly with a leave-in conditioner and put on a processing cap before showering. The steam will help refluff your hair. Or you can use a blow dryer on a medium-heat setting to blow it across sections and revive your curls.
2. THICKEN THIN EDGES: Though we all love definition, clumped curls can actually create more “hair holes” and give off the look of thinner edges. Do yourself a favor and buy an eyebrow brush to gently brush your edges to separate the hairs and give off the appearance of fullness.
3. SMOKY HAIR: Apply 15 drops of citronella essential oil to a spray bottle of spring water to create a quick, refreshing hair deodorizer covers the scent of smoke.
4. BETTER DEFINED PART: Does your hair tend to shift and cover your part? To keep your part well-defined, use long bobby pins at the roots on either side of the part. Loosely weave them in with a seesaw motion so it won’t affect your shape.
5. SPARSE FRIZZY PIECES: A quick easy fix for random pieces of frizz is to coil them into other curls using a little hairspray.