We’ve found a few diet tips to help you get over the growth hump.
1. GO HIGH PROTEIN: It’s no secret that protein helps your hair grow – it’s the stuff your hair is made of after all! As such, enjoying foods that are high in protein, like beans/legumes, eggs, and chicken can help to jumpstart the process.
2. TAKE KELP & VITAMIN B: Seriously, kelp really assists in helping your hair grow at a much faster rate. If you’re in a growth slump, it jumpstarts growth pretty fast. The slippery, green seaweed is rich in iodine along with calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron, amino acids and vitamins A and K. It assists in alleviating hair shedding, as well as hair loss. You should also consider supplementing with vitamin B, which is great for cell regeneration and strengthening hair follicles. Vitamin B5 directly affects the metabolism of the scalp? The result is hair growth.
3. TAKE ACAI POWDER: This Amazon superfood is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. Rich in antioxidants, healthy omega fats and amino acids, acai helps maintain luscious locks and boost shine.
4. INCORPORATE KNOX GELATIN: If your hair has endured any kind of trauma, protein is exactly what you need to re-build and restore. Knox Gelatin is an easy and inexpensive way to get a quick shot of protein. Add it to your favorite smoothie.
5. NIX THE HOT WATER: Avoid hot water when washing or rinsing your hair, as it can damage hair follicles and inhibit growth. Stick to cooler water, which can also help your hair retain moisture.